Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!


Now that the holidays have drawn to a close, I am able to take a deep breath and relax a little bit. I get so caught up in the whirl-wind of festivities and fun and forget to find time to relax and enjoy life. Now that we're a week into January, I feel like a bit of a weight has lifted from my shoulders, and I feel refreshed.

I say it every New Year's, but this year I really hope to achieve it; I want to try and become a better person. This sounds vague and cryptic, but it really is my goal. I want to overhaul a lot of things, starting with the hearth and home. A few recent events have made me reevaluate a number of key friendships and with this reevaluation comes a deeper look at myself as a person. There is a lot of room for improvement, I am not ashamed to recognize this. I'm not sad or depressed about who I am. I just think I could be a lot better. I read so many blogs and authors who are so inspirational to me and how I want to live my life and I think that this year, I really will achieve what I am aiming for.

As we move onward through January, I am excited about Valentine's Day and the upcoming months. Soon I will be able to begin planning my first ever garden, for which I am mightily excited! Until then, I will fill the remaining cold winter nights with crafts, creativity and festivities. I will enjoy quiet time with my husband and my parents and I will slowly work on changing my outlook and improving my ambitions so that I can achieve all the goals I have set out before me for the new year ahead. It will be a good year, regardless of what might happen.

<3 Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment