Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New Adventures Ahead

Now that it is confirmed, I feel optimistic enough to get excited;

We'll have a home again soon! We bought an older manufactured home to replace the one we lost in the flooding of tropical storm Irene in August of last year. The first home feels like a trial run now, so I am renewed and invigorated about getting into the new place and making it into a home.

It needs some work. Floors, appliances, cosmetics and windows. My spare time has been a blur of research, pricing, inspiration and DIY project searches. Once we get settled and tackle the major necessities, I can work on the decorative frilly bits, which has me quite excited. I've seen so many inspiring things since we owned our last home and I can honestly say that I feel confident and secure that I have a better sense of where I want my style to go. Things should be picking up around the blog because of it.

We made our first home purchase last week; a range hood. I plan on seriously revamping the 27 year old kitchen and the range hood was a serendipitous find that matched my concept perfectly! Here's an image that is a pretty close match to the real thing:
I'll be getting into the house and photographing it entirely within the next two weeks so look forward to a thorough walk-through (with super super scary before pictures!) We are on a WAY tight budget, so the next few months should be a really fun and exciting challenge on creating a home with style on a frugal budget.

<3
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment