Thursday, October 7, 2010

Busy Autumn Social Season

Progress goes slow in the home-owner's world, especially as the autumn season gears up and the weekends fill with social obligations big and small. The housewarming party was a success, albeit smaller then originally planned. The financial strain of car troubles prevented me from holding as large a party as I had hoped, though the friends and family that did show up enjoyed the festivities all the same and I reveled in the opportunity to host them at our home. My dear husband was such a doll and got me a new camera for my birthday and our anniversary (as well as white roses, any girl's dream! He's definitely a keeper =P).

As we make our progression through the month of October, I am getting ready for more autumnal adventures with friends and family alike. Next weekend is our community's annual Autumn-a-Fair and I have volunteered my time to help a dear friend host her business' booth at the event, which should be great fun!

On the home front, I have finally completed priming the guest bedroom and have proceeded on to removing the wallpaper from the hallway and kitchen area. Next on the docket: priming the walls and cabinetry. Photos to follow!

All my love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment