Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Days grow shorter...




October has come to a close as we move our way closer to the winter months. As the nights get colder and longer, we turn our attentions to the home and family as the holiday season continues.

Halloween was great fun. One last wild night of revelry before we hunker down to weather the winter. We have a few more outdoor tasks and chores to complete this coming month; installing skirting and insulation under the house, weatherizing the outdoor equipment and caulking and sealing all the doors and windows. Theoretically I might also get a roof installed over our front porch though it isn't necessarily a priority at this time.

I am excited for the downtime that November will bring. I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family here in town and going on a few weekend visits to the in-laws house about an hour away, but other then these few small occasions, most of my efforts and energy will be spent on preparing for the month of December and all the festivities that the holiday season will bring. I'll be hosting a Christmas party as well as family on Christmas eve and morning. I am very excited to start and continue family traditions.

To quell some of the excitement and eagerness for Christmas, I'll be taking stock of all my Christmas decorations and items in the coming weeks during the downtime as I prepare the house to be closed up for the winter months. After everything gets a thorough cleaning and a proper winterizing once-over, I'll concentrate more on spreading holiday cheer!

All my love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment